The Town of Double Oak’s upcoming Town Council meeting on April 20th, 2020 at 7:00p.m. will be held online, due to social distancing guidelines during the coronavirus pandemic.
How to Watch:
The town's online public meetings can be viewed online during the meeting.
- Facebook Live on the Town of Double Oak Facebook Page. (Anonymous viewing)
How to Participate:
Residents can view, and participate in the following ways:
Online by joining the Zoom Meeting (via phone or computer)
- ZOOM ACCOUNT: Sign up for a free Zoom account: https://zoom.us/signup or use your existing account.
- TEST AUDIO IN ZOOM: Participants must enable their microphone. Please test your microphone and speaker prior to the meeting.
- REGISTER: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_eufWR_EzSmGOG2FRy9AcBA
Participants must register for the Zoom webinar and share their full name, email address, home address, and phone number(only your name will be visible to other attendees).
- PUBLIC COMMENT FORM: Pursuant to the Texas Open Meetings Law, all individuals intending to offer oral testimony must submit a public comment form prior to making a statement.
- RAISE YOUR HAND: During the public meeting, you must select “Raise Hand” in Zoom to indicate you are ready to speak when the County Judge offers to take comments from remote participants. Participants will be enabled to speak by the Zoom webinar host. The participant will return to listen-only mode once finished or when the three-minute time limit is reached.
Call the Zoom Phone Meeting line (US toll free)
- Call (877)853-5247 or (888)788-0099
- The system will prompt you to enter the Webinar ID, followed by “#”.
- To indicate you’d like to speak, enter “*9”. The system will enter your phone number into the speaker queue and when it’s your turn, the Mayor will call out a portion of your phone number to identify you, and your phone will be unmuted during the designated time (public participation or public hearing).
- Your comments should be limited to three minutes (the same amount of time given to comments during an in-person meeting)
Fill out the Public Comment form
- Email your questions/comments for the meeting to the Town Secretary using the Public Comment Form by 5:00 p.m. the day of the meeting. Please state whether your emailed comment is regarding a specific agenda item or a non agenda item. Your comment will be read into the record during the meeting. (must be within the 3 minute time limit)