Fire Department

  • brush fire and burn day question

Burn Information

Please click the image above for information on if today is a burn day or not. Denton County has authority over outdoor burning so they make the decisions about burn days. Residents must log their burn on the Denton County Website. You can’t be turned away, the one caveat is that for Double Oak citizens you don’t need a permit number, so fill out everything but the number and you are good to go.

About Us

Double Oak is protected 24-hours a day, 365 days a year, by a full-time Law Enforcement team and highly experienced Volunteer Fire Department. In any emergency, Double Oak residents can dial 9-1-1 to receive a Dispatcher at the Denton County Sheriff's Department.

Our Fire Department is funded by the Town, residents’ donations, the Double Oak Women’s Club, and our annual Fourth of July Festivities. Interested in helping out? The Double Oak Volunteer Fire Department always welcomes new volunteers!

Please visit the Double Oak Volunteer Fire Department Website for more information.