Wednesday, November 15, 2023 - 8:00am to 10:00am
Jellybeans Food For Kids
Did you know that there are hidden hungry children right here among our community? And did
you know that there is an all volunteer run organization right here in Double Oak that helps feed
Jellybeans-Food For Kids, an arm of the 501(3)c organization, Love Thy Neighbor, collects
food items and donations twice a month and partners with CCA, PediPlace, the Salvation Army,
Open Harvest, and some LISD schools to distribute these contributions.
How can you help? By donating Snack Bags, non-perishable food items, and/or monetary
contributions. Our volunteers will then distribute them directly to one of the above mentioned
Look for us at the Double Oak Town Hall parking lot at the corner of Waketon Rd. and Cross
Timbers Drive. We are there the 1st and 3rd Wednesday of every month from 2-4pm.
What is a “Snack Bag”? Snack Bags are actual bags (lunch bag, grocery bag, ziploc bag) filled with the
● A drink (water bottle, juice box, protein drink)
● A fruit (an apple, an orange, fruit cups or applesauce with a spoon)
● A protein (cheese crackers, single serving peanut butter, protein bar, meat stick, mac
● A snack (goldfish, pretzels, granola bar, gummies, crackers)
● A sweet treat (candy, cookies)
● Optional- A small handwritten note and/or coloring sheet & crayons
These are usually distributed immediately at places like PediPlace when children come in for an
If you would like more information, feel free to contact Judy Carrico, our Program Manager:
817-994-7374. Thank you and God Bless.