*** Do Not Take the Course Until You Have Completed Paperwork and Payment with the Court. ****
Instructions for Completing a Driver’s Safety Course (DSC)
Upon paperwork completion and payment with the court you may take the course, you will have ninety (90) days to complete a Driving Safety Course and to provide the court with the two following documents:
1). To Find a Driving Safety Course (DSC) (Required for Deferred Disposition if Under 25)
- Go to: Driver Education & Driving Safety.
- Find and complete a Classroom or Online Driving Safety Course.
- Verify the court selected is for Double Oak Municipal Court.
- Have your certificate mailed or printed off.
- Sign the Court copy of the State of Texas Driving Safety Course Uniform Certificate of Completion.
It is your responsibility to make arrangements to take the driver’s safety course. Failure to complete the Driver’s Safety Course and return the required forms will result in the termination of your right to take the course. Should this happen, you will be responsible for paying the fine in full and the offense will be reported as a conviction on your driving record.
2). To get a Certified Driving Record (Not necessary if doing Deferred Disposition)
- Go to: How to Order a Driver Record.
- Select Certified Driving Record (Type 3A – Certified List of All Accidents and Violations on Record).
The court will only accept a Certified Driving Record from the Department of Public Safety.
3). Return your documents to the Court by one of the following methods:
- Using this online form here.
- Using a Driver's Safety Course Vendor that will use CertiFile to file your documents electronically with our court.
- In person during business hours.
- By mail: Double Oak Municipal Court, 320 Waketon Road, Double Oak, Texas 75077
- Using the drop box outside the court building after business hours.
- Contact by phone (972)539-9464 if you wish to email PDF’s. (must be signed before sending)
- By fax: (972)539-9613 (must be signed before sending)
If these two documents are not filed with the court within ninety (90) days you will be sent a notice to come to a Show Cause Hearing in front of the Judge where you could be responsible for payment of the fine, thereby having the offense reported on your driving record and a warrant may be issued for your arrest.
NO EXTENSIONS WILL BE GRANTED.
Upon completion your violation will be dismissed.